What is it
If you have a PDF ready outside the platform that you would like to have signed, viewed, reviewed or read and confirmed, follow this guide. If you would like to import an existing document, follow this guide.
Who is it for
All users that would like to upload and send out a PDF for signing.
Why create and send out document from PDF?
If you have created a PDF outside the platform and you would like to get it signed, viewed, reviewed or read and confirmed, you can easily upload and send it via the platform.
If you sent out the PDF, you can keep track of the status of the document. This means you can see if: the document has been opened, read and signed (and by whom). If you would like to read more about the audit trail, please read this guide.
By uploading and sending a PDF via the platform, you automatically save it in the platform. This is a safe space where you and your collages can easily find back your documents. To learn more about folder management, please read this guide.
How to upload a PDF
- Go to ‘Documents‘ in the left sidebar and click on ‘All Documents‘.
- Click on ‘+ From PDF‘.
- Click on the image to choose a file or drag the PDF in here.
- The document has been uploaded. Enter a document name on the right.
- Choose from the drop down menu named ‘Document Process Option‘ whether this document needs to be signed right away, is a draft or will just be imported to the platform. If you would like to read more about importing PDFs, read this guide.
Note: If you choose ‘draft‘, this document can still be edited. A drafted version cannot be send out. Editing the draft can also be done by other users that have the permission. If you choose ‘Import Existing‘, the file cannot be edited and will just be imported.
- Tick the box ‘Code Verification’ if you would like the recipient(s) to enter a code to see or sign the document. The recipient(s) will receive the code by email.
- Fill in the information of the receiver. Choose from the drop down menu which action is required from this user: needs to sign, will view only, will view and comment or needs to read and confirm.
- Then fill out the name, email address and company name.
- Click on the ‘+‘ if you would like to add a receiver.
You can send documents to contacts that have the same tag. Click on ‘Add Contacts By Tag‘ and select one or more tags to add its contacts as receivers of this document. You can delete recipients by clicking on the bin. Also, you can change the required actions.
- Click on ‘Fields‘ at the top to add fields for the sender and the receivers.
- Go to the right page of your document where you would like to have the fields.
- Drag the fields into the document. It is possible to have the same fields on multiple pages or have multiple of the same fields on the same page.
Tip: You can remove a field by selecting it and press the ‘delete’ button on your keyboard.
- If you have multiple receivers and you need signatures for them, drag the receivers signature and click on it. Choose for whom this signature field is by selecting the right receiver.
- Drag the ‘Free Text‘ field of you would like to add a small text to the document.
- Click on ‘Meta information‘ at the top to add metadata to this document.
Information: Metadata are additional data of a document. It’s to create more context for the document.
- Click on the drop down and select the fields that you would like to use as metadata. Select as many as needed.
- Fill in the metadata fields.
- Click on ‘View‘ to see the result of the document so far. Click on ‘Edit‘ to go back.
- Click on ‘Save‘ so save the document without sending it. It will be saved as a draft.
How to send out the PDF
- Click on ‘Save & Continue‘ to send the document. Make sure to have all fields in the document.
- Select the language of the standard text in the email.
- You can also create a personalized email.
- If needed, add an attachment by clicking on the ‘Add Attachments‘ button and select the documents.
- Set a reminder date if you would like to get a reminder to check if all parties have completed their required actions.
- Click in the right corner on ‘Send‘.